In the event of an emergency, call 911.
The following numbers serve both the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses unless otherwise noted.
In the event of an emergency, call 911 for ambulance, fire, or police.
Nonemergency TXST University Police Department
- 512.245.2890 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- 512.245.2805 (all other hours)
Mental Health Crisis
- 512.245.2208 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- outside business hours, select option 2 for students experiencing a crisis or for those calling about a student in crisis
- 24/7 Mental Health Crisis Support: Call, text, or chat 988
- San Marcos, 24/7: 1.877.466.0660
- Round Rock, 24/7: 1.800.841.1255
Housing and Residential Life (San Marcos Campus only)
- 512.245.4663 to report non-life-threatening emergencies (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
- All other hours, please contact Staff-On-Call in your residential facility.
Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Management
- 512.245.3616 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and nonemergency 512.738.6650 (only for reporting environmental issues, chemical spills, lab issues, or other non-life-threatening safety concerns all other hours) or emergency 911
Read Texas State’s firearms policy, complying with state law, to understand where handguns are allowed and prohibited on campus.
Find your way around campus, and locate specific buildings during an emergency.
Mental Health Resources
Browse the many mental health resources available on campus for students, friends and family, and faculty and staff.
Sexual Misconduct Reporting
Find information on Title IX, contact the Title IX coordinator, or file a report on sexual misconduct.
Sexual Assault Resources
Browse resources related to sexual assault, including support hotlines, the local women's center, and hospital info.
Safe Office Allies
Interested in learning more about how your office can become a designated safe office at Texas State? Get information about Allies Training.
TXST University Police Department
UPD is the university’s principal provider of safety and security for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Explore how UPD serves our community through round-the-clock patrols, safety training, and community engagement all aimed at fostering a safer campus.
The Counseling Center
The Counseling Center offers free, confidential counseling as well as online mental health resources to currently enrolled Texas State students.
Behavior Assessment Team
The BAT consults with TXST faculty, staff, and administration who have expressed concern about a student's behavior.
Dean of Students CARE Center
The CARE Center works with individuals and offices across the university and the San Marcos community to assist students who have been impacted by an emergency.